SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Asher A. Kornbluth, MD
Why did you choose to specialize in gastroenterology?I chose gastroenterology for the ability to interact and care for patients with chronic diseases for a lifetime.
What are your areas of special interest and expertise within gastroenterology?I am passionate about treating Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, as well as conducting colon cancer screening.
Do you have any special honors, recognition, or achievements in your medical career that you would like to share?
- William Dock Lifetime Master Teaching Award, Downstate Medical Center
- Solomon Berson Award for Outstanding Attending Physician, Teacher and Role Model, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society for Excellence in Teaching, The Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society for Outstanding Clinician, The Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Founder, Director and Co-Director the Mount Sinai Inflammatory Bowel Disease Consultant’s Course for past 16 years
- Teacher of the Year Award, Mount Sinai Medical Center for 6 consecutive years
- Editorial Board Gastroenterology and Hepatology; Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Invited Lecturer nationally and internationally on topics related to Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Selected repeatedly over the last 30 years by peers to Top Doctors, Super Doctors, Best Doctors
What do you and your family enjoy doing during your spare time?I enjoy running, non-fiction reading, and family vacation travel.
Asher A. Kornbluth, MD‘s Reviews
Dr. Kornbluth, superb physician who goes above and beyond for his patients.
I had a televisit with Dr. Kornbluth a couple of days ago. Prior to this present pandemic I would go to see him at his beautiful office in NYC. I...
I had a telehealth visit with Dr Kornbluth today...Prior to the recent Covid-Pandemic I would go to see Dr Kornbluth at his office. I have always been touched by his...