What to Expect
A member of the NYGA staff will ask all your medical history information at the time we schedule your appointment. We will then send you a set of instructions by mail 2-3 weeks before your appointment. We will review your clinical information, your insurance and financial situation, and answer any questions you may have. We ask that you bring a friend or family member who can drive you home after your procedure. Because there is medication you will take for your procedure, you will not be allowed to drive yourself home or leave our center unaccompanied.
Preparing For Your Procedure
Detailed instructions about your procedure will be provided by your physician and NYGA staff. Please follow all instructions carefully as to allow your procedure to be performed as scheduled.
- On the night before your procedure, your doctor may ask that you do not eat or drink anything after 12 midnight, including water.
- Bring the name and phone number of your primary care physician, pharmacy and a complete list of all your prescribed and over-the counter medications, including dosage amounts and frequency.
- Wear comfortable clothes, shoes with low heels, and little or no makeup.
- Leave jewelry and other valuables at home.
- Bring protective cases for contact lenses, eyeglasses and hearing aids.